Spring is just around the corner!!
While nobody enjoys Spring cleaning, we can all appreciate having a fresh home!
Below are my favourite six Spring cleaning tips to help you tackle your home and get it looking its best for the season ahead:
- Create a Playlist: Everything is more fun with a great playlist! Not only is music great therapy but it can make the cleaning process go by quicker and make it more enjoyable.
- One Room at a Time: Everyone likes the aftermath and seeing their home all sparkly and fresh, but sometimes it can be an overwhelming process to get to that point. It is best to clean one room at a time, starting with the smaller ones or those that need the least amount of cleaning and work your way up to the larger, project rooms!
- Declutter as You Go: Spring cleaning isn’t just about shining up the brass on the door and dusting. It is just as important to declutter your space as you go! Before you start cleaning a room, pinpoint items that can be discarded and go through closets and cupboards for anything that you can donate.
- Think Green! Spring cleaning is starting the season off on a fresh, clean note. Don’t muddy that up with harsh chemical cleaners. In today’s eco-friendly environment, there are many eco-friendly and safe alternatives to regular cleaners. Vinegar is a great substitute in the bathroom or kitchen as well as combining vinegar, baking soda and water as a deep clean alternative. You can also opt for a steam cleaner to manage tile, hardwood floors, appliances and even outdoor areas as they only use hot water and vapour.
- Don’t Forget The Fridge & Freezer: The best time to clean out your fridge and freezer is right before you do your grocery shop, so they will be at their most empty. Dispose of anything that is past its expiration date and any almost-empty items you won’t use. Before you restock be sure to wipe down the interior of the fridge with disinfectant and a damp cloth. The same can be done for the freezer but you’ll have to defrost it first!
- Clean Air Reduces Allergies: Replacing furnace and HVAC filters is one of the most overlooked parts of Spring cleaning. Going as far as replacing your standard filter with a more robust one with a higher rating will help keep you even healthier (and allergy-free!) this year as they catch smaller particles to ensure your home is void of allergens, chemicals and even odours.
(This article is credited to the Dominion Lending Centre March newsletter)
Angela Calla is an 18-year award-winning woman of influence which sets her apart from the rest. Alongside her team, Angela passionately assists mortgage holders in acquiring the best possible mortgage. Through her presence on “The Mortgage Show” and through her best-selling book “The Mortgage Code“, Angela educates prospective home buyers by providing vital information on mortgages.
In August of 2020, at the young age of 37, Angela surpassed $1 Billion dollars in funded personal mortgages. In light of this, her success awarded her with the 2020Business Leader of the Year Award.
Angela is a frequent go-to source for media and publishers across the country. For media interviews, speaking inquiries, or personal mortgage assistance, please contact Angela at email@example.com or at 604-802-3983.
Click here to view the latest news on our blog.