I’d like to share with you some important information on how COVID-19 has, and will continue to, affect the workplace. This is a great source for both employers and employees.
Presented by: Catherine Coakley & Grant Morrison, BTM Lawyers on April 3rd, 2020
What you’ll learn in the presentation:
- Terminations and Layoffs
- Aim I entitled to temporarily layoff my employees?
- Are my employees entitled to severance?
- How much severance or notice are my employees entitled to?
- Programs and Benefits Available to Employees and Employers Impacted by COVID-19
- Canada Temporary Wage Subsidy
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit
- EI Sickness & Regular Benefits
- BC Emergency Benefit
- Tax Relief for Businesses
- Business Credit Availability Program & Canada Emergency Business Account
- Maintaining a Safe Work Environment
- Review amendments to Employment Standards Act that provide unpaid job security for workers unable to work for reasons related to COVID-19
- Are employers entitled to prevent an employee from going to work due to the risk of exposure due to COVID-19?
- Are employees entitled to refuse to attend work due to the risk of exposure to COVID-19?
- Attendees will takeaway:
- Be given the tools necessary to take advantage of available benefits and programs to lessen the financial burden of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Understand their rights and obligations in dealing with the fallout of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Provided with the tools to take advantage of newly announced programs
- Understand your right and obligations as employers and employees in facing the health and economic challenges brought by the COVID-19 pandemic
More about Grant & Catherine:
Grant Morrison and Catherine Coakley from BTM Lawyers LLP. Grant and Catherine are experienced employment lawyers that have years of experience representing both employers and employees in a wide range of workplace issues including layoffs, wrongful dismissals, severance negotiations, human rights and WorkSafe BC issues. BTM Lawyers LLP is a community based full-service law firm that has served the Tri-Cities for over 40 years. Learn more and contact them at 604-937-1166
Angela Calla is a 16 year award-winning woman of influence mortgage expert. Alongside her team, passionately assisting mortgage holders get the best mortgage, and educating them on The Mortgage Show on CKNW for over a decade and through her best-selling book The Mortgage Code available on Amazon. To purchase the book click here: The Mortgage Code. Proceeds from all sales will be donated to Access Youth Outreach Services. Angela can be reached at email@example.com or 604-802-3983.