To have the best success with your mortgage, it is recommended that you get pre-approved! This can be done through your Mortgage Professional to ensure that you get the best mortgage product FOR YOU, from the best rate to the best term agreement.
While getting pre-approved might sound boring (and you might be asking ‘why can’t I just get approved instead!?’) there are actually a host of benefits which will make searching for your perfect home that much easier.
- Pre-approval helps verify your budget and allows your real estate agent to find the best home in your price range. Quick Tip: Don’t forget about the closing costs! These range from 1 to 4% of the purchase price and should be factored into your budget.
- Pre-approval guarantees the rate offered and locks it in for up to 120 days. This protects you from any increases in interest rates while you are shopping (phew!). Make sure to ask exactly how long your pre-approval is good for!
- Pre-approval lets the seller know that securing financing should not be an issue, which is beneficial in competitive markets!
PROTECTING YOUR PRE-APPROVAL
While nothing is fully approved until the property is presented to the lender and signed off, there are ways to help protect your pre-approval and ensure the rates and terms are guaranteed upon final financing. In order to do this, we suggest you:
- Refrain from having additional credit reports pulled once you have been pre-approved
- Refrain from applying for new credit, closing off credit accounts or making large purchases until after the sale is complete
- Be prepared to show a paper trail – any unusual deposits in your bank account may require an explanation.
Angela Calla is a 16-year award-winning woman of influence and mortgage expert. Alongside her team, Angela passionately assists mortgage holders in acquiring the best possible mortgage. She educates and empowers individuals on the “The Mortgage Show”, which she’s hosted for over a decade and is the best selling author of The Mortgage Code available on Amazon. All proceeds from her book sales are donated to Access Youth Outreach services, a local charity in our community supporting our youth. Additionally, in August of 2020 she surpassed $1 Billion dollars in funded personal mortgage volume at the young age of 37.
Angela leads by example with passion and conviction. She is known as an industry expert on TV and radio and the go-to source for publishers across the Country. She has even been known to sign the national anthem at sporting events! On top of all her achievements, Angela finds the time to be a loving wife and mother of two beautiful children.
For media interviews, speaking inquiries, or personal mortgage assistance, please contact Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-939-8777.