Choosing the right mortgage type, and term for your mortgage will go a long way in helping you build and protect your wealth.
Beyond this snapshot in time of the actual renewal, if you want access to your home equity, you either have to pay a penalty to get out of it, or sell your home.
Working with a mortgage professional we can help guide you through these questions you should consider as your renewal approaches.
- Names on title: Are your relationships the same? Is there a guarantor to be removed?
- What are your future plans: Are you thinking of selling and moving up the property ladder?
- Income: Is your income consistent? Are you going on maternity leave, or is there new opportunity that will impact your cashflow?
- Mortgage type: What type of mortgage do you have? Total equity package, reverse, fixed and variable are some types.
- Future purchases: Avoid costly outside debt at higher rates that impact cashflow ( car, reno, loans, debt repayment)
- Tax Grants: Will you be making any renovations or deposits to a registered account improve your wealth beyond your mortgage?
- Emergency funds: If something unforeseen were to come up, like we all experienced together with the pandemic, do you have 6 months of an emergency fund to access?
Starting the conversation and connecting the dots on all those levels will help you avoid costly mistakes that can impact your cashflow, upset family life, or cause unnecessary financial stress.
If you or someone you care most about has questions about how to get the best mortgage renewal for their life stage, consult with us to get unbiased advise. Reach out to us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help you explore your options!
Angela Calla is a 16-year award-winning woman of influence and mortgage expert. Alongside her team, Angela passionately assists mortgage holders in acquiring the best possible mortgage. She educates and empowers individuals on “The Mortgage Show”, and is the best selling author of The Mortgage Code where all proceeds are donated to the YWCA.
Angela is a magazine contributor, speaker, and recently collaborated to publish her third book, Pursuit:365. In August of 2020, Angela surpassed $1 Billion dollars in funded personal mortgage volume at the young age of 37 and was recently awarded the 2020 Business Leader of the Year Award. Angela leads by example with passion and conviction, known as an industry expert and go-to source for media and publishers across the Country.
For media interviews, speaking inquiries, or personal mortgage assistance, please contact Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-802-3983.