The CMHC just released its new underwriting criteria effective July 1st for those purchasing with less than 20% down.
- The minimum credit score will increase to 680 from the previous 600
- Borrowing ratios of income percentage will tighten up a bit
- They will not allow borrowed down payments ie. Lines of Credit, credit cards
- Maximum gross debt service (GDS) ratio drops from to 35
- Maximum total debt service (TDS) ratio drops from 42
This release is a CMHC ONLY initiative! There are still two other insurers in Canada who do not see the same risks.
Further to this, the Bank of Canada feels very strongly about our economy, recently announcing interest rates will continue to stay low.
Learn more about this announcement here.
Angela Calla is a 16-year award-winning woman of influence mortgage expert. Alongside her team, passionately assisting mortgage holders get the best mortgage, and educating them on The Mortgage Show on CKNW for over a decade and through her best-selling book The Mortgage Code available on Amazon. To purchase the book click here: The Mortgage Code. Proceeds from all sales will be donated to Access Youth Outreach Services. Angela can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-802-3983.